Enable the Exchange 2010 SP1 Password Reset.
It is quite troublesome to troubleshoot for password expire issue with remote users (workstation is not join to domain). Following windows registry modification from CAS server will allow users to change their password even when password has been expired.
Note: backup your registry prior the modification.
1. Log on to the Exchange server that is running the CAS role by using an account that has local administrator rights
2. Start Registry Editor, and then locate the following registry subkey:
3. HLKM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange OWA
4. Create the following DWORD value if it does not already exist:
5. Value name: ChangeExpiredPasswordEnabledValue type: REG_DWORDValue data: 1
6. Exit Registry Editor
7. From a command window perform an IISReset